- Bulgarian Haiku Club (not present at Congress)
- Is there a haiku society? BULGARIAN HAIKU CLUB
When was it set up? 14.O9.2000,SOFIA
How many members has it? 40
How does it fit into the literary scene in your country?
- IN OUR COUNTRY THERE ARE 5 UNIONS OF THE BULGARIAN WRITERS.THERE EXIST A FEW OTHER SOCIATIES OF THE WRITING PEOPLE- SOCIATY OF THE WRITING WOMEN"EUGENIA
MARS",BULGARIAN UNION OF THE WRITERS - DOCTORS OF MEDICINE AN SO ON.THE BULGARIAN HAIKU CLUB IS MAY BE THE MOST ACTIVE FORMATION BETWEEN ALL OF THEM.
How often do members meet? 2 TIMES IN A MONTH
What happens at such meetings?
- PRESENTATIONES OF THE NEW BOOKS,READENG OF HAIKU FROM ANY HAIKU CONTEST.SPEACHES OF PERSONS WHO ARE SPECIALISTS IN THE ARIA OF THE EAST CULTURE,PUBLISHERS AND
Anything else of interest to say about it?
- EVERY MONTH IN BULGARIA IS PRINTED AT LEAST 1 HAIKU BOOK.
- FOR 5 YEARS-MORE THEN 6O HAIKU COLLECTIONS AND 5 HAIKU ANTHOLOGIES.
- 2 HAIKU PERFORMANCES WITH PLAYES ON THE BASE OF THE HAIKU POETRY OF THE PERTICIPANTS IN THE NATIONAL THEATER /2002,2003/.
How much notice do the media take of your activities?
- 15-20 TIMES IN A YEAR -THE NATIONAL TELEVIZION,BTV,NOVA TV,TV2001
- THE NEWSPAPERS :"SLOVOTO"."LITERATUREN VESTNIK,"AUDITORIA"
- THE MAGAZINES:"PLAMAK","VEZNI","SAVREMENNIK"
Details of any books published by members of your organisation
- 1 HAIKU NOVEL "SNOWMEN" BY PETAR CHUHOV,AWARDED ON A NATIONAL CONTEST FOR NEW PROSA./2004/
- THE FIRST BULGARIAN ANTHOLOGY WITH CHILDREN HAIKU/2004/"THE SONG OF THE WATER"
- THE FIRST ANTHOLOGY WITH CONTEMPORARY WORLD HAIKU"THE ROAD"
When and how did haiku first appear in your country?
- IN THE 20s OF THE 20th CENTURY THE FIRST TRANSLATIONES OF YAPONESE POETRY
- What was significant about that?
- THE FIRST TRANSLATIONES OF HAIKU by CLASIICAL YAPONESE POETS HAVE BEEN MADE IN THE 80s-
- /"MOONLIGHT",1985,"Narodna kultura"publishing hous
- Has haiku been able to make connections with established poetic traditions in your country?
- NOT VERY QUICKLY .FOR 15 YEARS IN BULGARIA THERE WERE 5-6 POETS WHO USED TO WRITE HAIKU AND TO PUBLISH THEIR COLLECTIONS.
What place does haiku occupy in the literary landscape?
- EVERY YEAR MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE INFORMED ABOUT THE BULGARIAN HAIKU CLUB AND THE BULGARIAN HAIKU POETRY.NOW ABOUTTHE WORLD HAIKU POETRY TOO.
Please provide a few examples, in the mother tongue and with translations into either German or English.
- ЛОКВИ ПО ПЪТЯ/ РАЗПЛИСКВА
ЗВЕЗДИ/ ЗАКЪСНЯЛА КАРУЦА
- LOKVI PO PATYA., RAZPLISKVA ZVEZDI, ZAKASNYALA KARUTSA
- PUDDLES ON THE ROAD/ A BELATED CART/ IS SPRINKLING STARS
- Ginka Biliarska
- СПЪНА МЕ ЧАШКА НА ЖЪЛЪД,/НАДВЕСИХ
СЕ/В ОБРАТНО НЕБЕ
- SPUNA ME CHASHKA NA ZHELAD/NADVESIH SE/V OBRATNO NEBE
- I STUMBLED ON AN ACORN CALIX/I BENT OVER/A REVERSE SKY
- Hristo ke Pella
Are their special features of your language which make it either easier or harder to write haiku?
NO.THE CREATING HAIKU IS ALWAIS SPECIFICALLY.